Quarry Maintenance Caretaker
Columbia River Carbonates, a major industrial mineral supplier on the West Coast, seeks a Quarry Maintenance Caretaker to support our Calder, AK quarry located on remote Prince of Wales Island in Southeast Alaska, USA.
This is a unique opportunity for an individual experienced in equipment maintenance and operation. This position will work with our site manager and quarry manager to contribute to year round quarry caretaking and seasonal work with mining contractors. Typical schedule is 6 weeks on, 3 weeks off.
General Qualifications & Experience:
- Trade school or certificate in mechanics preferred. Diesel experience is a plus.
- Must have prior experience maintaining heavy and light equipment as well as conveyance systems.
- Dedicated to following safety policies and procedures relating to mine equipment and maintenance practices (e.g., guarding, blocking, lock-out, tag-out, etc.)
- Must be able to read and understand electrical, mechanical, structural, and hydraulic drawings. PLC experience a plus.
- Ability to use a computerized maintenance management system.
- Open pit mining experience an asset for this position.
- Physically and emotionally able to work in a remote location.
- Ability to kneel, bend and stoop down for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to routinely lift 50 lbs.
- Valid US driver’s license & passport (or ability to obtain).
- Candidates local to SE AK preferred.
Responsibilities & Expectations
- This position requires the ability to work safely, whether independently or within a team, a wide mechanical knowledge, and the ability to identify and prioritize site needs.
- Maintenance and repair of mobile equipment around camp.
- Troubleshoot and repair items including, but not limited to: hydraulic equipment, conveyor belts, stone loadout equipment, and mobile diesel equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance items on equipment and machinery.
- Install and change: motors, chains, gear boxes, transmissions, differentials and/or suspension work.
- Conduct pre-shift inspections to ensure all equipment is operating safely and efficiently
- Ensuring operation of water treatment systems, heating, and gas supply systems.
- Painting and light repair of interior and exterior camp housing facility.
- General cleaning and maintenance work around the housing facility to provide clean and orderly appearance at all times, weather permitting, including removal or recycling of all garbage and debris.
- Occasionally run errands, make deliveries, pick-up of supplies as needed.
- Detailed record keeping and reporting
- Shall provide best efforts to protect the facilities, buildings, equipment, and grounds from damage or loss due to weather, natural elements, vandalism, theft, or other causes.
- Facilitate and aid in the travel and transport of authorized personnel and equipment to and from the site, and timely report any extraordinary activities, weather, damage or other events of consequence.
- Shall remain on site at all times while in rotation, except for emergency situations, for periodic shopping trips, or any other leave as approved.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Career Growth and Development
- Health, Dental
- Life Insurance & AD&D
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan (Roth option)
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
We offer a competitive salary with excellent benefits. Our employees work in an exciting team based environment which is committed to bringing innovative industrial mineral solutions to a growing dynamic marketplace. If you enjoy working where creative thinking is embraced and personal growth is achieved, our company is the place for you!
All Columbia River Carbonates employment is contingent on Drug Screen and Criminal Background screen results. CRC is an equal opportunity employer.
If you meet these minimum requirements, please apply by responding to this ad with a current resume or email current resume to [email protected]