Columbia River Carbonates, a major industrial mineral supplier on the West Coast, seeks a Quarry Manager to support our Calder, AK quarry located on remote Prince of Wales Island in Southeast Alaska, USA.
This is a unique opportunity for an individual experienced in mine planning, geology, surveying, and quarry management. This position will work with our site manager and maintenance caretakers to assure year round quarry caretaking and seasonal oversight of mining contractors. The quarry manager will have remote support through our main office located in Woodland, WA. The quarry schedule is most demanding March-October with remote schedule opportunities in winter months.
To be considered for this position, applicants should bring the following (or equivalent) knowledge.
General Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geology or Mining preferred.
- Practice as company liaison for permitting requirements as well as government and regulatory agencies.
- Experience in operating and managing open pit (drill & blast, load & haul) mines.
- Mineral mining experience – Calcium Carbonate (Limestone) experience an asset.
- Experience dealing with explosives or surveying.
- Physically and emotionally able to work in a remote mine environment.
- Current US driving license & passport (or ability to obtain).
- Strong computer software abilities.
- Candidates local to SE AK preferred.
Responsibilities & Expectations
- Make certain all quarry activities are conducted in a safe manner within MSHA regulations. Collaborate with EHS Manager to develop and maintain site safety standards for employees and contractors.
- Operate quarry to meet all environment permits and regulations including permit, mine, development and reclamation plans.
- Consult with offsite senior mining engineer on successful implementation of the short, mid, and long-range goals.
- Assist in special projects and capital purchase request.
- Set up standards for production quality and waste dumps.
- Determination of methods of mineral extraction considering factors such as safety, operational costs, deposit characteristics, geological characteristics.
- Planning, recommendation and coordination of mining activities, type and capacity of haulage equipment and manpower utilization.
- Layout and direction of mine construction, position of excavation benches, access roads.
- Design and monitoring of implementation of other mining-related projects.
- Analysis of labor requirements, equipment needs and operational cost to prepare annual budget reports.
- Tracks and analyzes mine performance using the mobile equipment, surveying, material movement and labor data.
- Prepare and provide monthly inventory reports and forecasts.
- Competitive Wage
- Career Growth and Development
- Health, Dental
- Life Insurance & AD&D
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan (Roth option)
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
We offer a competitive salary with excellent benefits. Our employees work in an exciting team based environment which is committed to bringing innovative industrial mineral solutions to a growing dynamic marketplace. If you enjoy working where creative thinking is embraced and personal growth is achieved, our company is the place for you!
All Columbia River Carbonates employment is contingent on Drug Screen and Criminal Background screen results. CRC is an equal opportunity employer.
If you meet these minimum requirements, please apply by responding to this ad with a current resume or email current resume to [email protected]